Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the ASIS Connects community. To ensure the best possible experience for all visitors, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines with no exceptions. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. ASIS Connects related questions should be directed to our Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend, moderate or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as an unwise question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, industry questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide unless you are doing so to directly answer someone's question or request for referral. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way that is not seen as explicit advertisement. Refrain from deliberately driving peers to a particular website in an effort to solicit unless you are doing so to directly answer someone's question or request for referral.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- All information shared (e.g. in a discussion, library upload, private messages, event, or the like) on ASIS Connects should not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers, resumes, product announcements, commercial or solicitation for services. ASIS reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- We are committed to making ASIS Connects a safe place. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, discriminatory, or illegal materials or comments. All are strictly prohibited.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject. Post and/or respond to community discussions in a constructive and conversational manner. Refrain from condescending, unprofessional sarcasm and/or a disrespectful tone. Choose appropriate forums and discussions for the topics you would like to discuss.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply Privately" link in every message. Don't make comments that are not relevant to the current topic.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- ASIS reserves the right to reject and remove content that violates any of the outlined polices.
- Please periodically check these rules as they are subject to change at our sole discretion.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of ASIS International. ASIS International is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ASIS International or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ASIS International be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ASIS International and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ASIS International does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ASIS International we will take all appropriate action.
ASIS International reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and email address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.